im stressed

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
malificent12

Yesterday my husband brings home a newborn turtle. He found this turtle behind his work in the mud with about 20 others. He thought it would be a cute pet for our kids and the fact that i collect turtle items i guess he thought it would ad nicely to the decor in the living room. We live in NorthCarolina about 2 hrs inland. The turtle right now is about 1 inch. He is mainly olive color with a trim of orange on his shell. His under shelling is colored ornage yellow over most of it and he has a couple stripes on his neck of yellow coloring. I have made him a habitat with water and land and he seems to travel to both but he hasnt eaten. I have given him tablets from the store and some small pieces of apple. After looking at more and more pictures of him I cant distinguish one from another. And Im saddened to think that he could just be dead soon. Anyone got any ideas. Thankyou.

I found one too that sounds just like yours. Look up painted turtles on the net. They seem to be hatching this time of year. I feed mine out of its tank in a bowl of water. I chop up earth worms right now. It has also eaten salmon. I have read you can feed them cooked chicken. Very very tiny bits.
sky
spraggsbraydon2
Level 3
Level 3

#1.Probably RES or painted turtle.
#2.You need the lights and a filter.UV and Heat lamp.Get them at the pet shop.
#3.Try feeder fish (live) and cooked chicken.

Good Luck and May the Force be With you
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

hey
in the last few months i got a turtle its smaller than a dollar peice but seems pretty healthy i have him in a 10 gallon tank
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

its olive green has red ears and little red squigglys on his neck i recently figured out it was a RES red ear slider
iluvmyPITA
Level 1
Level 1

hi, he will almost most definately eat salmon, mine goes CRAZY when he gets a bit of it!! i\'m in north carolina too! i\'ve had my turtle about a year and if you\'d like, i can talk to you and help you a bit. just respond to this with some way for me to contact you. email, im, phone, whatever you\'re comfortable with:)
glad to help,
iluvmyPITA
  • Information