HELP ME!!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
LindyLuvsMichelangelo

okay...i am so thankful to have found this site and I need help you guys!
i\'ve had my turtle michelangelo for 6 years now. everything has been fine and he hasn\'t had any trouble until recently! i don\'t know what to do..see during the summer i bring him outside so he can be in the warm weather and all and he loves it..but particularly now it\'s been a rather cold winter and he\'s inside, he\'s got his heat, but he isn\'t eating very much at all, he\'s not shedding normally, it\'s very flaky and dusty when he sheds, he makes those weird noises when he opens his mouth while he basks, his skin has a reddish tint to it in some places, and he just doesnt seem to be as happy as he used to! i know he has to be sick, but someone tell me what\'s wrong with him and what i am doing wrong.
Kantele
Level 2
Level 2

Hi. Of what I have read and seen, maybe your turtle has some respiratory problems, an infection in most of cases when he opens his mouh while basking he is trying to pull in more air. The reddish of the skin don\'t know about it. Take him to the vet immediatly so he can administer appropiate antibiotics. Good luck and hope he gets better.
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

I agree, there is a respiratory infection, I just went through this with mine. He got a series of 5 shots every other day. The skin sounds serious and I too highly recommend getting it to a vet right away! Good luck and let us know.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

That reddish tint to the skin could possibly be sepetcemia (blood poisoning). Please take him to a vet ASAP. If you don\'t have one, try http://www.arav.org/USMembers.htm to see if there\'s one near you.
  • Information