Anyone know on Fluval Filter

Discussions about turtles.
plasmik
Level 2
Level 2

I just purchased the Fluval 2 plus, for my 10 gallon tank, and i want to know if anyone is familiar with this filter, and if so, i just placed it sideways where the blue pump area faces directly straight towards the tank, if you were facing it. but the little yellow thing that is suppose to indicate when its time to change the filter, is already popping up, what should i do? should i worry, is it still running ok?
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

HEY YOUR IN LUCK I THINK I HAVE THIS ONE! im not sure though but if it\'s already sticking up it might be broken.I dont even bother i just clean it reguarly.
plasmik
Level 2
Level 2

do you think its broken? because i was thinking that maybe i just placed it incorrectly, i have the blue piece facing the front of the tank and the filter is laying on its side, i wasnt sure if you are able to place it in that direction, and thought maybe thats why the yellow piece is sticking out already, but i wanted to double check first because it was the best way that i liked the filter, i dont want the aquarium looking ugly, i wanted it to look really nice for them. Now i see why i need a bigger tank, lol. you say that you have a baby res, mine are about 2 inches, how big is your tank?
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

I have eight baby res and right now i am movin them into a much larger tank preety soon i am buying 150 gallon but that\'s all right now i have them in a 20 gallon which is very temporary and WAAAAAAAY toooo small for 8 babies to live in but ur filter might just be placed wrong .try a few different ways.good luck-manda
plasmik
Level 2
Level 2

sbturtlegrlz6 wrote:
I have eight baby res and right now i am movin them into a much larger tank preety soon i am buying 150 gallon but that\'s all right now i have them in a 20 gallon which is very temporary and WAAAAAAAY toooo small for 8 babies to live in but ur filter might just be placed wrong .try a few different ways.good luck-manda
how quickly do the baby res grow? what would you recommend is a good size tank for two res?
  • Information