Grow?

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
cmo553
Level 1
Level 1

Just wondering how long it takes for my babies to grow? Feels like they are still the same size, a silver dollar. And they are still scared of me :(. I say hi to them everyday and they still don\'t really know me :(. I\'ve had them for about a month now.
Big Red!

They are supposed to grow about 1/2\" to 1\" a year from what i have heard, and based on all the turtles that i have had that seems right.
m1key72988
Level 3
Level 3

baby turtles grow faster than adult turtles, as they get older they grow slower, Same thing is happening with my turtles when i got them they were both 1.5 inches and now one is 2.5 inches and the other is still 1.5 in. i have had mine for about 5 months, im not sure how old they are exactly.
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

Baby turtles growth depends much on their health and care. What do you feed them? Try feeding them mostly live foods like earth worms, crickets, meal worms, blood worms, and some feeder fish. Also get them a vitamin powder to spinkle on their food. Make sure they get plenty of UV from a bulb set over their tank. They should start to peel their skin and that means that they\'re growing!!! Good luck,
Willie
  • Information