uumm..what do you do at the death of a turtle?(except cry)

Discussions about turtles.

I had two turtles.snapper and badger.badger was first to go.he ran away.then I got snapper,and,just then,badger came back.since snapper was a RES,he would eat badger.(badger is a painted)we put them in sepret ponds,and badger got away.then snapper got eaten.just wondering how you cheer yourself up.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

wow im sorry but why would your res eat your painter?is the painter much smaller,their tanks should be escape proof if you have a pond it should be fenced in to keep the turtles from getting away and to prevent predators from getting your turtles but there is always someway a turtle can manage to escape in this case make sure that know one has seen your turtle if it helps put up posters but sometimes your turtle has bad luck and gets killed what my friends and i do is we bury our turtles and have a small ceremony none of my turtles have died but 4 of my friends have so we take losses quite badly.in conclusion you can bury you turtle but however some ppl like to save the remains of their turtle shell by boiling the turtle until it\'s limbs fall of(EWWWW!!)and then saves the shell or they bury the shell and dig it up again however this does not have to be done and personally i do not suggest it.hope this helps and good luck with your turtles.-manda

well,we did have him in a cage (racoon trap)every night,and turtles(res)are elegal because people will let their turtles go when they get big,therefore the turtles eating painted ones,which has made turtles endangered.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

res under 4\" are illegal because of them carrying salmonilla and painted turtles arent endangerd they\'re one of the most common turtles so because your urtle is small the painter will eat him?

no,not because he is smaller,because res\'s eat painted ones(don\'t ask me why).
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

No they dont my my two 6\" res are with my five \" painter they\'re fine together.

thats probly because there tame,not found by the road like mine.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

they wont eat each other they can mate. thats like a cannibal or something
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

No they can in fact have some territorial issuses in which \"chewing\"the other tyurtle can result in death

wow,you mean your turtles will chew each other?is that the RES and the panter?
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

well thats 2 males being territorial

oh,well that explains it.
  • Information