I don\'t know what to do!!!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
peeweew31

Hi! I could really use someone\'s help with this, because I have no idea what to do! My sister has a red ear slider (Speedy) and we have a Fluval2 filter in it. The tank has always been clean and the water is clear. I am \"babysitting\" my best friend\'s red ear slider(Harry Potter) for the next month and her turtle is so dirty! He\'s got the same setup as my sister\'s turtle, but his filter is a Fluval1. They both eat the same food (NutraFin Max) and the same amount. But Harry\'s tank is always so dirty! The water is brown in a matter of days, and there is all of this nasty stuff floating around in his tank. His shell is shedding like crazy, and his poops are huge! I clean out the filter at least once a week, if not more. I don\'t know if he is supposed to be like this, or if there is something wrong with him. Harry has been like this since the first day my friend brought him home from the pet shop. If anyone can give me some help with this, I would really appreciate it. If you need more info to properly diagnose this \"problem\", please respond to this message or email me direct at [email protected]. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from someone soon! Melissa
axepoodle
Level 2
Level 2

try to train the turtle to eat outside of it\'s tank. You see, I learn this trick from my friend in LA. She had kept her slider for over 6 yrs and every night she\'ll feed the turtle in a plastic container filled half way wtih water. I tried the same trick, at first they would ignore the food but later on they start to get the idea. I\'m no a 100% sure it\'ll work with your turtle, but give it a try. I clean my tank about twice a month, and it\'s always clean.
Good luck

billy
  • Information