feeder fish sux

Discussions about turtles.
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

my turtles wont eat em i spent 10-20 $ buyin those dumb lil fish now them turtle swont eat em spineysoft shell is >4-5 inches long res is 3-4inches but they wont eat em i picked a crikcet(alive) out ta my sisters stash for her frogs and put it up to leafs (spineyss)mouth only reason he ate em cuz he was tryna bite me and it was between my fingers and his mouth grrrr he mean at least he didnt bite lolo(RES) we be havin problems if i see bitin goin on >:(seriously how do yall feed em fish?the fish r small i leave like 5 -7 in the tank
m1key72988
Level 3
Level 3

Some turtles just arnt interested in fish. mine didnt like guppies so i bought rosy reds and they ate them all up.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

I had jus the opposiite prob. my painter wouldnt eat flakes,pellets,nutin so i tried fish and he luvs em!
pho32
Level 1
Level 1

do feeder fish carry disease? can turtles get dangerous worms from them and die?
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

there\'s always the chance that live food carries parasites or other diseases.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

how many fish did u buy that they cost that much $$$. where i buy then they are 10 cents each and the turtls love em. kno how sbturtlegrlz was sayings her turt would only eat fish. well she didnt have ne so i had to sneak them into school in a ziplock bag and then we ended up leaving thenm with the social studies teacher and a kid stoe them. but we got them back.lol
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

i told layla about that incident already but anyway they may come around they just may be a lil shy
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

i dont remember u tellin me that thats funny lolright no wmy baby lolo (res) is crawlin round on the top of desk he just sittin there wathin me he tried a suicidal dive a sec ago he lucky i cant whoop her
she so nice other one leaf(spiney soft shell) is a demon seriously he mean they both bout 4 inches but i tend to hol this one more cuz other one bites i kno i need to be better bout getttin leaf used to me but its so much easier to ignore him and pick up lolo i kno its really mean and i mtryin not to but honestly it is my res gettin big i bought him b-4 school started he was bout size of 50 cent peice now he 4 inches
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

wow he grew fast my babies dont seem to be growin all that much but still small small steps.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

one of my baby had this like huge growth spirt. th thers are slowly growing...i think
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

I had rosies in my tank, 5. I had to finger feed mine. Then he got a resp. infect. and didnt eat much. I thought about taking them out as the vet said parasites can cause the resp. infec. He was never able to catch them. Then I came home one day and the 2 that were there were gone. He got them and ate them. His appetite is back and bigger than ever. I also had a snail to control the algae. He was big so I wasnt too worried. Well you would think I never feed him as the snail\'s shell, and shell alone laid at the bottom of the tank. He managed to eat it somehow. You may just need to hand feed them or try a different type. Just be sure not to feed them too much. I throw in Romaine lettuce which he loves and he munches on that in between so I dont feel like he is starving. He wont touch his cuttle bone and never has. So I just coat his reptomin with calsium powder.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

my turtle never ate my snail. but that was the snail gary and he is like 2 in. so i guess elle was intuimidated or something
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

my turtle never ate my snail. but that was the snail gary and he is like 2 in. so i guess elle was intuimidated or something
  • Information