baby turtles

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
cmo553
Level 1
Level 1

I just received 2 baby red ears from my sister in law. They are so cute! Anyways, my husband and I went all out for them. We bought a 60 gallon tank and he made a little man made beach for them. I also bought some of the pellets for them to eat. I fed them and it looks like they haven\'t eaten them yet, the pellets are still floating. Should I not feed them again till the pellets are gone? And should I get the little gold fishes for them to eat now or is it still too early? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Get them eating the pellets before you start with the fish (which should be a treat for variety). And guppies and minnows are healthier to feed than goldfish.
Last edited by mariza on Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ophelia

Also, something that should be noted is that baby turtles (also called hatchlings) can live off of their yolks (located on their belly) for a number of days. Depending on how old your turtles are, they may still be living off of their yolks, and therefore will not eat the turtle food. The items mentioned in the other reply are very useful as well. Also, I would advise feeding the baby turtles baby turtle food. Reptomin has a wonderful one, and I haven\'t had any trouble with my hatchlings eating at all. You can find the Reptomin baby at most pet stores.
  • Information