Have i done wrong?

Discussions about turtles.
i_love_turtles
Level 1
Level 1

Recently I just seperated my 2 terrapins, when i bought them they were both the same size but now 1 is twice as big as the other: (10c.m. and 5c.m.). They seemed to be getting on fine but the bigger one (Raphael) would always step on the little one (Donatello) and eat more then him/her? Will they get lonely now or have I done what\'s best for both of them? I think Raphael is a male and Donatello is a female by the way!
preciousbabihien
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,
Have they been with eachother all their lives? If so I think they would actually feel lonely without eachother. I would seperate them during feeding time because you want them to have the same amount of food and not just the big one to hog it all. If it looks like the littl one is being hurt and you\'re really concerned, just seperate them and see what happens. Best of luck
i_love_turtles
Level 1
Level 1

yea they hav been together for all of their lives as far as i know. iv seperated them cos da little 1 always looks quite scared and timid. now that iv seperated them the little 1 is acting more herself and swimming aroun more rather than staying in the corner all the time.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

I think that my be best for them because you want ur turtles to act natural and that is what seems to be the best.p.s. you have terrapins that is soo cool where did you buy them??
i_love_turtles
Level 1
Level 1

i bought ,y terrapins from portugal 2 summers ago now... they were the size of a 50 pence piece when i bought them. they are now a little bigger and i love them so much. iv also got a red eared slider called alex, hes 7-8 years old now and hes BIG!!!
  • Information