help baby in trouble!

Discussions about turtles.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

one of my babies Float is having some strange behavior,she eats but all she does is sleep and bask all day im getting worried somthings wrong so i pick her up and put her in the water and she\'ll just sit there she\'ll only get up to go back on the rock and when she swims she swims straight.So whats up if i take her to the vet they\'ll take her away cuz she\'s under 4\" pleeeeeeze help!
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

giVen this post a *BumP* up
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

given it anotha bumP----) plese answer!
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

given it anotha bumP----) plese answer!
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

You will not have your turtle taken away because it`s less than 4\". Only a seller can get into trouble. Take your turtle to the vet.
i_love_turtles
Level 1
Level 1

the best thing you can do is take the turtle to the vet, it shouldnt get taken away, and even if it did (i dont mean to be rude) im sure turtles health is much more important than the worry of it being taken away. i went through that when donatello had an eye infection and he is only about 2 and a half inches long. She is much better now. thank god.
rfox
Level 3
Level 3

What is the water temperature and the basking temperature? I think that we have been here before. Go and read this previous post on a sick turtle that had a similar condition http://www.allturtles.com/msgboard/view ... picID=2644

The vet will not take the turtle away from you. Just take proper care of it and keep it warm.
crckhead654
Level 2
Level 2

if he threatens to take it away say u got it from a friend or report illegal turtles to him/her dont worry about that worry about your turtles health
Last edited by crckhead654 on Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

listen i dont know where you guys live but here in mass. everyone gets there turtles taken away i dont know why but it\'s illegal so i\'m gonna heat up the tank i hope it helps but about the link to that old post my turtle disent do any of that stuf he dosent foam at the mouth and dosent swim sideways he just basks and sleeps all day is he trying to hibernate?please sum one gimme a better answer than go to the vet.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

please answer
Heather72
Level 1
Level 1

okay, I\'ll try. The water temperature should be between 74-78 degrees, and the inside temp should be between 82-86. Thats the information I got from my vet, when my girls went in for check ups, before Abbey became sick. Also the full spectum UV light on for 12 hours a day. Hope this helps, it seemed fine for my girls. good luck!

Heather
rfox
Level 3
Level 3

OK, did you go to and read the sick turtle post that was put up for you to follow earlier in this list. If you are afraid to take it to the vet then follow the instructions that Mariza gave mlkey. Read the post, then follow the instructions, Mariza is very experienced with these things.
Last edited by rfox on Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

is float still acting this way even tho u got the heater. if not then could have trying to hiberenate. but usually wen turts are sick they bask. why is it that wen my turtle was sick u told me i was insane for caring for him myself and not taking him to a vet and now u\'r doing the same thing. and wen i said they mite take the turt away u said no and now u\'r all like they might?
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

this post is actually old but thanx for all your replies i stated on another post that float is fine.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

right.....
  • Information