Do Turtles get lonely?

Discussions about turtles.
Abby
Level 2
Level 2

Hello everyone,

I adore my turtle. Originally I had two, unfortunately one passed away when it was still a baby. That been said, I\'ve been over protective about my other turtle and was afraid of purchasing another companion. Now as my sweet and precious turtle is growing I feel terrible watching it play and run around all alone in the tank. Is it safe and healthy to raise one turtle all alone? Or should I purchase another one? Please advise on all the pros and cons. Thanks in advance to all who will respond. Best regards, Abby
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

Your turtle will be fine but i think if you have the space and money ,another turtle could be quiet nice,on the other hand make sure you dont get too obbsessd cuz i did and now i spend A LOT of my time and my parent s money on theses turtle but it is one of the joys of my life.so will ur turtle get sick if it dosent have a friend-no of course not .would it hurt him to have a friend-nope nope nope.hope it helped.luv always manda.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

If you go to the Indoor Set-up Forum and click on the post Questions About My RES (turtlelover4ever) there is a response to your question there.
Abby
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks Mariza.

I think your turtle will be ok because the only time turtles are with each other is hatching and mating.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

The turtlel will be fine but how large is the tank and are they stunted. if u have the space then it would be nice not just for him but for u too. the more the merrier. just make sure they have enough space if u decide to purchase 1 more
  • Information