chlorine remover

Discussions about turtles.
sbgol80
Level 2
Level 2

I\'ve always used stress coat chlorine remover. The directions say 1 teaspoon for 10 gals. I have 50 gals and 1 for 10 seems thin. Does this really do the job or should I put in a little extra? Also, I wait at least 15 minutes to put the turts in the water after applying stress coat but not sure if that is necessary either?
preciousbabihien
Level 2
Level 2

I don\'t think you want to put too much in there but you are suppose to wait for 24 hours before setting them in so the chemicals can settle down and mix with the water.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

you can buy better chlorine removers that take almost no time to kick in so you dont have to worry,some of my favs. are reptisafe and prime they are sold at most petstores
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

More is not necessarily better. I would follow the mfgr`s directions. They are there for a reason.

I don`t know if it`s feasible for you, but if you let your water stand uncovered in containers for 24 hours, the chlorine will dissipate by itself. I do this for partial water changes. I also use Reptisafe for major changes and it seems to work well.
  • Information