\"withered arm\" on my turtle?

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
critterlover63
Level 2
Level 2

I just noticed tonight the smallest of my 3 baby RES (he is about 1.5 inches) floats a bit crooked in the water favoring his Right side... I watched him closely and noticed his little left arm is a bit smaller than the right... It looks almost as if he could have been born that way as some humans are...He eats like a little pig and shows promising signs of growth. You can see the new growth under his shedding scutes... Other than the unbalanced floatation and his smaller arm he looks to be in excellent health. I faithfully feed them calcium via cuttlebone, provide Repti-sun UVB lighting even placing them outside every few days while our weather is still warm here in Louisiana. Has anyone else had a turtle with this and had him to thrive despite his little malformity? Hopefully he has a much better survival rate being in captivity as I know he would not stand much of a chance in the wild being a little bit slower. Thanks
preciousbabihien
Level 2
Level 2

I have two baby res\'s. One of mine use to float like that too although he didn\'t have one larger and one smaller arm. When he grew bigger to about 3\' he was doing fine.
  • Information