mariza***

Discussions about turtles.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

mariza i\'m really sry for asking u so much. but i wen tto the pet store and tell me if these supplies are sufficient...

i change the heater bulb

put in super uva/b bulb.gives off little heat

a sub. heater that goes from 68-86 degrees.

i kno thats not exactly wat u said to get but u need to undersdtand that i have 10 turtles and 4 turtle tanks and if u buy a heater it costs 20 but i have to buy 4 so it cost me 80. so it that stuff good?
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

1. If you mean a new bulb for the basking area, what is the temperature of the basking area? (85-90 F is good.) (You don`t have to buy basking bulbs, you can use regular light bulbs.) Or, by heater bulb, do you mean a red heat bulb. I`m not sure which you mean.

2. The super uva/b bulb is the ESU Super Coil UVB bulb? If so, it gives off UVB rays but very little heat. That`s why you also need a basking bulb/lightbulb or a red heat bulb like in #1 above.

3. The submersible water heater sounds OK.

If you have 4 tanks, each tank should have this set-up. The babies are more sensitive to warmth. It`s expensive to keep turtles if you`re going to take good care of them.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

i only have 1 clamp on the tanks. i have the super esu uva/b bulb. no red bulb. y do i need the red bulb if i have a sub. heater. can i just get r4ed bulb and return sub heater?
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

How can you have 1 clamp on 4 tanks? Go to Walmart and get some for each of your tanks and put the correct lighting in each. I outlined what you need in a previous post(your Green on Shell post). Please go back and read it. (You need all the things you bought for each tank.)
Last edited by mariza on Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

o no. i have a clamp on eack tank. and each clamp has the super esu uva/b bulb. each tank has a sub. heater that has worked pretty well.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Now you need one more clamp in each tank with a bulb for heating the basking area (the ESU bulb doesn`t give off heat). If the temperature of the room your turtles are in is at least 75 degrees all the time (day and night), they just need a light to warm the basking area (85-90 degrees F, check it with a thermometer to be sure). You can use either a basking light or a regular lightbulb. You turn the ESU bulb and heat light off at night, and if the air in the room is 75 degrees, the air will be warm enough for them (the submersible water heater is keeping the water warm). If the room temperature is less than 75 degrees day or night, I would also get a red-heat bulb for each of the tanks. They can be kept on both day and night, won`t bother your turtles when they sleep, and they will be warm.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

ok. but my house is above 75 degrees so r they ok.
  • Information