i think my turts sick:(

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
m1key72988
Level 3
Level 3

My turtle hasnt been eating lately and he sits on his rock and breaths only through his mouth he still goes in the water alot buti think hes sick and i cant afford the vet and my parents are like anti turtles...i did raise the water lvl to 82 degrees its only a baby that i got a a fleamarket and i herd that babies are hard to keep alive. does ne on have any suggestions??? I really feel bad for him he did this before but it just went away i guess. i have every thing my turtle needs and it gets a good balanced diet so i dont know waht could be wrong at night the water goes into the low 70\'s so i put a heater in for now till i can buy a better one but i have got every thing.
Last edited by m1key72988 on Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

aww ur turtle is really cute! i hope everything works out but the problem could be that you said the temp goes down at night that\'s not good it needs to be warmer all the time. p.s. hope this helps & i have the same rocks as you in the tank
m1key72988
Level 3
Level 3

i got my rocksat petsmart and when i went to platsburg over the weekend i got rocks and made a little cave that they can hide in it matches my cannons backround and i think that they like it but i do hope he/she gets better reall soon .
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Sounds like a respiratory infection. Keep him out of any drafts, breezes. Since he`s sick, he needs to be warmer than you have him. Try raising the water temp. a few degrees higher and have the basking area at 90 F or a degree or two above. The temps. need to be constant--don`t let the water temp. drop at night like that. Get that water heater. Also get a red-heat bulb for warmth so you can keep it on 24/7 (it won`t bother him at night).

If he`s had this before, it could be a chronic condition. Taking him to a vet for antibiotics might be necessary to cure it.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

i hope you turtle gets better. 2 of mine are having the same problam.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Because you don`t keep them warm enough.
m1key72988
Level 3
Level 3

i think ill try to get the red heat light to keep him warm at night to i think they would like that alot since they love the basking lamp.
  • Information