? on plants in my turtle\'s tank

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
rfox
Level 3
Level 3

What size is your rock is it gravel or river rock or larger? If you have all plastic plants in there and put only one live plant in there you may confuse the turtles if they are interspersed. The turtles may try to eat the live plant and the plastic. I found that the live should be on one end and the plastic on the other and not mixed. My plastic ones are around the hiding area. Others may hjave other experiences, I am speaking for my experience with my turtle.
RESBOY619
Level 1
Level 1

the live and fake plants are in fact on opposite ends of the tank. wasn\'t planned that way but looks like it worked out for the best. i don\'t think the hatchlings will be able to east the bamboo. at their hight it is all stem. the leaves are higher up. i was just hoping that they wouldn\'t be toxic. anyone know for sure?
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

hmm i would look into that take it out for now
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Have no idea about bamboo, but I would make sure it`s OK before putting it in.

Smooth river rocks bigger than their heads would be better so they won`t be tempted to eat them (possibity of impaction).
RESBOY619
Level 1
Level 1

i\'ll do some research on the bamboo and let everyone knwo what i find. as for the rocks, they were advertised as gravel but are not like fish tank gravel at all. i am pretty sure it is probably the river rock u have all been refering too. the smalles of the rocks is proabbly about a 1/2 inch. these rocks are various shades of brown and also have some white and clear as well. do these match the description of river rocks?
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

yes river rocks can be various colors but if they\'re bigger than your turts head they\'re ok
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

dont use ne thing they can swallow
  • Information