scared turtle?

Discussions about turtles.
cozmic

My turtle has a shell size of almost 3 1/2cm (1 1/4 inches), so iguess that makes him a hatchling.

I didn\'t want him to get bored so I put 2 small fish in the tank with him and he seemed scared, and spent the entire time under a rock and wouldn\'t eat, so i got rid of them.

Then I put 2 small plants in the tank and again he hid under a rock, and barley ate.

Is this normal as he is such a small turtle or is he scared? As the people I got him off had 2 turtles and the larger one kept squashing mine. I don\'t know if this is why he is scared.

Also he likes to dig. I have built caves and he hides under them, but also digs under other rocks as well is this normal behavour for a slider? I have bought 3 bags of polished river rocks and this makes the bottom of the tank 1 inch deep deep, is this enough, too much or not enough
deesygirl

A few of mine act the same way when ever I change anything in the tank. I think they ae just leary of change. They do however get used to it so I don\'t worry. :)

Turtles LOVE to dig. Just make sure he can not get trapped under rocks. There have been a few people whom have had turtles drown that way. Make sure that the river stones are larger than your turtles head so he can not eat them. The rocks can cause your turtle to become impacted.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

my babies dont mind being moved around so much but chubbles& float always get kinda scared
  • Information