problem: GROW

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Marianne
Level 1
Level 1

please. any suggestions?
preciousbabihien
Level 2
Level 2

Umm you are suppose to feed them daily especially when they are babies. I got two res and they were about the size of a half dollar. One grew pretty big and the other one sort of looks the same. The little one doesn\'t eat much because the big one always pushes it away and gets the food. You\'re problem might be that you use to only feed him once a week. I have a 15 gallon tank. I put half water and half land (res have to be on a completely dry surface in order to bask properly). I have a filter but it uses electricity. I also take my turtle out so they can walk. I usually put them on the floor with a cloth under them. It keeps them active Goodluck -Hien *Keep me updated*
Last edited by preciousbabihien on Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marianne
Level 1
Level 1

i know i didn\'t feed them daily before, but i can\'t go back in time.
but it still hasn\'t grown after i did start feeding it daily (about mid-June 2003 or before that--i got it in September 2002)...and i would think it should have grown more.

thank
preciousbabihien
Level 2
Level 2

hmm .... it depends on which turtle you have. For instant my turtle doesn\'t grow much either. The biggest a red ear slider can grow (female) is 9 inches even though it is 39 years old. =] My turtle use to be the size of a half dollar ( I have been having him for around 5 months and he is just a little bit bigger. * answer me back =]
rfox
Level 3
Level 3

You need to put the turtle in the 10 gallon tank and if you have no filtration system, change the water every day, no more than 2 days. Make sure that the turtle is getting sunlight to bask in on a dry part of the tank. Build up an area where it can come out of the water. If you can use a water filtration system check out http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Commun ... 0e%20r%20s for some filter reviews and check out http://www.petsmart.com/fish/shopping/f ... Facces%5F/ for an idea on pricing. Neither site is a recommendation of any filter it is to help you find information.
  • Information