Found on Road

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
Jobamo

Last edited by Jobamo on Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

its really cute but i just recently lostmy turtle and then found hm dead.if the turtle was n thestreet it probably belonged t some1.you should take care of it and try to find he owner.i was crushed wen i i los dale.and now he is crushed to.by a bike.good thing u saved him.:(
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

des the plastron(bottom of shell)bend on both ends so that he cn hide?has he ever let of a terrible odor wen u picked him up?
Jobamo

Nope, the bottom only bends in the front. I think he might be a box turtle? In that case can he live in captivity? What happens when winter comes? Maybe I should just take the little guy to the woods and let him go. I know he was going to get ran over by cars, now he can live in a paradise, water rocks, brids, fish, nature in the confides of a pond and fountain I have in the back yard, but I don\'t want him to die, maybe I should just let him go.. I wish I knew if I could take care of him or her, because he or she would have a good life!
Thanks for your time,
John
Jobamo

I want to thak you for your help. I took the liitle one to a pet stor and found out it was a baby box turtle. Since I live in a rural area, I took it and found a nice big green mountain vally with lush tall green grass and let him go... He or she lookd happy and burrowed into the grass! I\'m sure I did the right thing...
Thanks again,
John
chris jones
Level 2
Level 2

he is definently a box turtle. i m not sure what kind. you could go to a public library and get some books on box turtles to see if they show the turtle in it. you should try feeding him some fruit or vegtebales and maybe some insects such as mealworms, worms or crickets.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

it\'s really cute it wont like water though good luck gl
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

it\'z def. a box turt
  • Information