lost turtle will he survive`

Discussions about turtles.
turtleguy12345

I lost my red ear slider yesterday i let him walk around and i lost him i live in south conecticut and there is a pond about 1 mile away from my house will he survive in tehse conditions? conserdered about him thanks
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

How long had you had him? Is he a baby? Did you lose him in your yard? If so, you could try putting out some pans of water and smelly food like sardines in the yard. If he`s still around, he may be attracted to the water and food. You could also put up some flyers in your neighborhood--it`s possible someone would find him.

Turtles can be very quick when they want to be so it`s best to supervise them closely if you bring them outside.
turtleguy12345

he is not a baby i had him for a bout 6 years she got to a big size she was probaly around the size of can of soda. yes i lost him in my yard and he is defintley not ni my yard i live acrose from a golf coursew so there is plenty of woods and water.
deesygirl

Mariza is right. Get out the cans of sardines. Also watch where you walk. Turtles love to bury themselves in the yard and you may not be able to see her. Good luck and I hope you find her.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

You never know...I recently read on another site that someone`s turtle had somehow gotten out of its outdoor enclosure and disappeared. It returned 1 month later and was found trying to get back in the enclosure...
cajohnson
Level 2
Level 2

Hope you find him, I would be devistated if Ilost any of mine, I have nine only one outside in an enclosure, Good luck,
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

I really hope you find him. i lost dale my turtrle 2 times.the first time i found him waking around the block and the 2nd time me andmy sister went around the block twice looking and asking people to hepand then we got our scooteres and went around the neighborhood and in all the parking lots.after about an hour of searching my neighbor found her walking into her house up the ramp.we were lucky 2 times and i hope you are as lucky.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

i am sad to reply to you only to say thet earlier today dale was reported lost again.after 4 hours or straight searching on scooters our neighbor spotted her crushed she on the sidewalk.it was a careless biker.i hope you find your turtle.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

keep trying! it is a good idea to put up flyers that was how dale was identified sadly not in the way we would\'ve liked :(

if he doesn\'t get to the pond, he might still survive for quite a while. assuming he isn\'t eaten or crushed. =( (condolences to sue)

my turtle dissappeared while i was cleaning the tank and reappeared under a potted plant 6 months later. the ordeal stunted her growth, though.

i know. i\'m wondering if it would have been better to have been eaten by a dog or raven or something.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

If you provide her with the proper living conditions, she should be able to regain at least some of the growth.

she\'s grown about 3/4\'\' in the year since. ?
  • Information