Does Anyone Publish the Fact that Turtles are Fun

Discussions about turtles.
rfox
Level 3
Level 3

I thought that people that raised turtles, lizards, iguanas, or any of the other exotic pets were a little strange. Dogs and cats were standard pets. Then a few months ago I got my turtle from my nephew and I am now hooked into some of the most fun I have ever had. Watching my Pomeranians and the turtle try to get to know each other is a hoot. One of the dogs is too good for this type of stuff and the other is trying to figure out how to give the turtle a ride, we just don\'t trust the dog yet. I did not think that a turtle would recognize people but they do and they also know when feeding time is just like any other pet.

The learning curve on an exotic is steeper than on dogs but with the help of you fine people and this site my wife and I might just make it. I finally came up with a name for the turtle, unless mama vetoes it, Mercury, he is fast when he moves, just like the Greek god, when he is still he is just like the metal, perfectly still moved only by the motion of the water where he is basking. Thanks for your sage wisdom and I will continue to read the site and the message board. I will probably be a little quieter now that our little friend is feeling better.
preciousbabihien
Level 2
Level 2

I\'m glad your having fun =)
  • Information