3 turts,1 pond,winter?

Post any questions you have about a turtle outdoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your outdoor setup picture we would love to see it.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

Hi. I have 3 eastern painted turtles and all summer they have lived in my outdoor pond. I live in boston,mass. and some winters it gets pretty cold here.it snows too. i also have koi fish in the pond who live there in the winter. can he turtle live?the are wild turtles that were found down cape cod and thats only abut an hour away and has te same weather conditions. i think it would be fine but i want others advise.please reply.
Amez
Level 2
Level 2

Hi i like in Boston Ma too, actually in Quincy but, tis all the same,

How deep is your pond? Unless it is like atleast 2 feet deep and has lots of dirt or mulch at the bottom, i would not do it. And i would take your koi in they will die. My fish in my pond died everytime i tried to just leave them in there during the winter. I would not risk it.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

i kno the koi will be fine because last year we did the same thing.i\'ve decided not to bring the little guys in because of wat you said and because i couldnt are to think about not seeing or feeding or talking to my babies for te winter.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

YeA sU keEp them insde maybe i dunno i jus dont want nutin bad to happen =(
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

well if they were in naure thry would live.but still i would miss them too much.i mean the whole winter.wat about the sleepovers they would miss out on.and ya lik e u said jic
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

true dat homie g!
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

true dat homie g!

ryt.........lol.ya crazy manda
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

yes , crazy , one of the many colorful adjectives to describe me.....
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

i\'m keeping them in.....i couldnt bear to leave them outside
  • Information