mysterious baby turtle

Discussions about turtles.
cyprus'n'junior

i have had a very large red ear named cyrus for about 9 months now. yesterday my dog brought in a baby red ear about the size of a quarter or silver dollar. I named it junior. What i\'m wondering is where did it come from. even is cyprus was pregnant when i got her/him wouldnt the baby have shown up before now? Also if there is one turtle baby shouldnt there be more? i havent seen any nesting areas. Cyprus has the whole yard to play and a pond all his own, (Sunken baby pool). I put the baby in an aquarium inside to protect him from the dog. Mainly i want to know where baby came from and are there likely to be more?
cyprus'n'junior

update... there are now 2 baby turtles. i have to take the second one to the vet. he appears to have some small cuts on his arms. it could be coloring though. he is more shy than junior.
deleon
Level 1
Level 1

Wow, no advice or thoughts. I\'d love to see a picture of your set up though. It sounds like turtle heaven. :-)
l8or_g8or
Level 2
Level 2

That is too cool! I never find anything worth keeping!!
LuciasAmen-ra
Level 3
Level 3

take your dog for a walk around the yard. youll be sure to find some.
Kara
Level 1
Level 1

What a great story! Please keep us updated on your baby turtle situation!
heatherd
Level 1
Level 1

That is so neat! Where do you live? Could you be somewhere that RES are native to?
  • Information