pumps and filters.

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
keithx
Level 1
Level 1

i have a month old baby res that i moved into a 10 gallon tank last week. i keep about 4-5 gallons of water in it, and i today i siphoned out almost all of the water and replaced it. i currently use one of those penn plax smallworld filters. its a replaceable cartridge filter with a small external air pump.

any suggestions?
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

It`s difficult to find a good filter for such a small tank (I`ve always read the best way is frequent water changes). A good guide for the future, though, can be found at http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Articl ... ration.htm
rfox
Level 3
Level 3

What about the Whisper filter Jr. that is available from PetSmart, has a replaceable carbon filter and adjustable filter rate up to 75 gph.
Elean0r

You know, I got my RES when he was just a hatchling. (named him Killer because he was just too menacing!...LOL!) He lived in a 10gal tank till he was about 4\", then he had to move to something bigger. In the meantime, I used one of those submersible filters. It\'s not the greatest filter, but it buys you more time between water changes and filter cleaning was SUPER easy with that thing. And Killer liked it. He\'d sit on it or put his face in the water stream.
  • Information