cleaning the tanks

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
m1key72988
Level 3
Level 3

Does any one have any better ways to clean a water turtle tank? i have 2 red ear sliders and i use a tube and syphan it out but its not so effective plz reply as soon as possible any new ideas would help. The tanks to to heavey to pick up so i need a clever way to clean it
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

Well, before i had a sypherer i would just take all the stuff out includingn the turtle except for gravel.they get a huge bucket and scoop it out. how big is your tank?if its like 30 gallons or less you can just dump out the rest of the water after most is gone.its alittle time consuming sometimes but it gets the job dne.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Aside from the old-fashioned way (lugging buckets), some people who have large tanks invest in what is known as a python, which makes tanks really easy to clean. You can buy them on-line, or I think they could be sold at places like Wal-Mart, etc. For general information about it, try http://www.pythonproducts.com
  • Information