HELP MY TURTLE WONT EAT

Post your turtle first aid questions here.

I NEED HELP MY TURTLE WONT EAT.I KNOW IT COULD BE THE FACT THAT IM NOT FEEDING HIM ANY PET STORE FOOD BUT I AM GIVING HIM FOOD METION ON THIS WEBSITE WHAT SHOULD I DO?????????????????????
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

Hey. wat foodshave you tried. i\'ve triedhotdog,water plants,guppies, and pestore food. remember that they cant eat out of water.and they only have to eat ever other day,though u can feed them once if u like.maybethey arent hungry.or maybe they dont wanna eat in front of you.good luck.hope i helped.
TurtleMama
Level 2
Level 2

broly ssj4 wrote:
I NEED HELP MY TURTLE WONT EAT.I KNOW IT COULD BE THE FACT THAT IM NOT FEEDING HIM ANY PET STORE FOOD BUT I AM GIVING HIM FOOD METION ON THIS WEBSITE WHAT SHOULD I DO?????????????????????
Is your water warm enough? I keep mine at 80. For some reason turtles eat better in warm water. Try some romaine lettuce.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Check the water temp. like TurtleMama said. 78-80 degrees F. is good. The warmth speeds their metabolism and makes them more active. Get a submersible water heat if the water can`t be kept at a steady temp. in the above range. And have the basking area about 10 degrees warmer so your turtle will want to get out and bask (important for digestion as well as the shell).
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

And buy some pellets like Reptomin or Zoo-Meds. They provide a more balanced diet.
  • Information