two RES need a new home

Discussions about turtles.

I have two RES I purchased in Chinatown a few years ago. They were about quarter sized; now the girl, Footfoot, is about 8in and the boy, Morton, is about 6in. They live in a 50 gallon tank and have never had shellrot or eye problems. They mainly eat turtle pellets, but get pretty excited to have a guppie treat. I know that in the long run they need a much larger habitat and I cannot afford it. I live in a small Manhattan apt and I think they would be happier in a pond, with someone who can give them the attention they deserve. Plus, Morton has been escaping from the tank and running around. If you are interested in adopting my turtles, please email me: [email protected]. I have already contacted turtlehomes.com and I am not sure how long I have to wait. I would be willing to split shipping, etc. Thanks!
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

i would love to but i live in boston Ma and thats a long turtle commute. I have a pond and a RES. plus 3 painters.good luck.
cajohnson
Level 2
Level 2

sorry you have to get rid of them, I have one painted 6 inch one res 6inch in a 30 long, they just got moved to that a week ago. Ihave a large painted outside with pond. plus six hatchlings, I\'m not sure but let me talk to husband,I dont want to take on more than I can handle,get back to ya asap.
  • Information