Mating

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
MauriceandErin
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,
Back again for more questions,
We were wondering what a good tank size would be for 2 turtles, African Sidenecks.
We were thinking about getting both a male and a female at the same time to see if they would mate, any tips about these topics would be appreciated.
Thank you
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

if theyare matured thetank shuld be atleast a 20-30 gallon bigger wouldnt matter. who should wait a year b4 mating new turtles.gooooooood:Dluck
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

You need much bigger, at least a 55 gallon. But bigger is better. How big do you guess that your turtles are going to be? And are they both going to be living in there after the mating? If they are large, and are both going to be living in there, I would them for sure get a bigger aquarium. Good Luck and keep us posted!
Willie
chris jones
Level 2
Level 2

i have one sideneck about 6in. in a 20 gallons long tank. if they are smaller then 8 inches then you would need at least a 50 gallon tank. i would recomend getting as large of a tank as you can get so they have a lot more room for growing.
  • Information