My turtle has no arm!!!!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Turtlecrazy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, this looks like a great site! I have one quetion. I got a painted turtle today. I noticed that it\'s front right \'paw\' had been bitten off right were the wrist starts. He\'s a male and about a year old. The wound isn\'t pink, it\'s the turtles skin tone. It\'s not infected but i\'m still worried. I have a female with him and he rties to mate with her. He\'s really healthy, eats a lot and poops a lot. I was wondering, will he be fine and can he still breed with my female. Thanks so much!!
Turtlecrazy
Emmiez
Level 2
Level 2

awww im sorry.. i think u need to have him checked out by the vet just to be on the safe side. but if hes active and eats well then there shouldnt be anything to worry about. im sure he would be able to mate without a prob
Last edited by Emmiez on Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shai631
Level 3
Level 3

I agree with Emmiez. I\'d have it checked out just in case. How old is your turtle?
Turtlecrazy
Level 1
Level 1

He is about 1-2 years old. He\'s just a little smaller then my palm. He seems to be doing well, the only thing that worries me is that he always has his head curled in a \'C\' towds his bad arm, is this a bad sign? Thanks!
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

If he`s healthy, he should be fine.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

as long as he\'s healthly thats all that matters. breeding i\'m not surer because the male during mating scrathes the females neck so maybe they need both hands but i dont see y. gooooooood luck.;D
  • Information