slow grow

Discussions about turtles.
kamby
Level 2
Level 2

Ok I have 3 RES turtles they are approx 5 or 6 months old im not really sure i got them about 4 months ago when they were a little bit bigger than a quarter. But two of my turtles have grown alot and my third one is just a little bit bigger than he use to be.

Could this mean that he is a male and my other ones are females?

Oh and I had another question...my biggest turtle seems to kinda be shedding some skin is this normal?
sbgol80
Level 2
Level 2

I have 3 RES also. Had them a year now and each one has had a different growth rate. They are still small, not quarter size, biggest is about the size of a closed fist. I don\'t know why but it seems like what\'s going on is normal. I could be wrong though. Skin shedding is normal as as long as it isn\'t too much. When my turtles shed skin, you can see it hanging off of them for about a week then it all goes away.
Teeny Turtle
Level 1
Level 1

My turtle is 2 inches long and he is only 10 mounths old. on the 9th of this mounth he will be 11 mounths old. What sizes are your turtles?
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

the shedding is totally normal they r growing and thats GREAT! as for size you should feed him romaine lettuce and get a UVB lamp those will both help healthly growing. good luck.
  • Information