will my side neck mate

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
chris jones
Level 2
Level 2

right now i have an african sideneck (about 6 in.) for christmas i am going to upgrade my aquarium from a 20 long to a 50 long. i was also thinking about getting a res or painted turtle to put in with him. will they mate? if so what will the babies look like?
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

i dt think they\'ll ate only b cuz of age difference. and they\'re different species and different species cant mate or produce fertile offspring. they mite try but nothing will ever happen.
chris jones
Level 2
Level 2

thanx manda! also i have 2 diffrent types of box turts, eastern box turt and 3 toed box turt. can they mate?
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

Your boxes can mate. I\'m not sure about the side neck and RES. They\'ll probably try mating. They might have sucsess, but chances are slim. Good Luck.
Willie
Mickey

I bought a sideneck female a year ago, then I went and got a slider(female). The Slider stressed out the sideneck so much I had to return her to the pet store, so I got a male sideneck for her and she is so very happy now. So what I am trying to tell you is that you shouldnt mix them because they are from differant parts of the world and they dont even share the same waters in the wild so they will not get along.
  • Information