moving

Discussions about turtles.
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

Hey everyone,
I\'m going to be moving soon so I won\'t have the internet for a little while.....
Just have a quick question,
we have a 55 galloon tank with our two turtles in there...and we have figured that the moving of the tank and cleaning everything is going to take an entire day..
we bought a large rubbermaid container so we can just put the turtles and fish in there so we don\'t have to worry about them....
here\'s the thing though:
does anyone have any suggestions about moving this large tank, safety precautions, taht sort of thing, I don\'t want anything bad to happen at all...
we have a small car that will just fit this tank in.
sbgol80
Level 2
Level 2

How far away are you moving? I have a 55 gallon also. When I have to transport the turts, I put them in tubberware container also. One problem for me is, if I put the fish in the same container, they are all dead by the time I get to where I\'m going. The turts don\'t even eat them. They just bite them until they are dead and let go. Wierd. For the tank, just make sure it is secure and won\'t bounce against anything. The longest I\'ve moved my turtles is two hours and I don\'t put any water in the container. I put them on the passenger floor side so I can glance and make sure they don\'t flip over. Not sure I\'m helping at all, but I am on AOL IM as puppit0 ...zero at the end.. if you want to ask me anything.
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

hey, thanks that helps alot!
I was going to transport the fish in another container..maybe I can get those bags that the petstores give you...
I\'m thinking about getting some straw or something for when they are moving..
It\'s actually only about half an hour away, so this won\'t be that bad of a drive..I just don\'t want anything bad to happen..

I don\'t have AOL :(
do you use anything else??
I have msn, icq and yahoo messenger.
sbgol80
Level 2
Level 2

Half hour won\'t be any problem at all. I just usually fold up a full size towel and put it under the container the turtles are in to take some of the vibration. Good luck with the fish though. Hope they turn out better than mine.
  • Information