penis????

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
pinkiee
Level 1
Level 1

i was wondering if someone knew anything about turtles and their privates.....
i was watching him the other night and i saw a black thing come in and out of his poo hole.... i freaked um .. wats going on here!!!!...... was he peeing???
does he have an infection or something???
most importanly was it his penis???
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

yup, that was your turtles sex organs..
not sure exactly why they pull it out once in a while and it isn\'t for sure that it was a penis or not because both my female and male do this on occasion.
It\'s not dangerous, as long as it always goes back in.
CHeck the Care Sheets on this webpage for prolapse just in case it doesn\'t go back in.
pinkiee
Level 1
Level 1

ok it gets worse!! ... it even looks like hes in love with the rocks!.... he sorta sits there and pushes his thang out and loks pretty happy i think .. mmm ... hes a really heathly turtle but this is sooo odd... is he um reaching puberty or something???
MishFish
Level 3
Level 3

y\'know, I never read anything about them reaching adolesence.......BUT, alot of ppl come on this board talking about this and the turtles are always the same age.
I think it must have something to do with it.

And don\'t worry, my lil boy turt does the exact same thing. It\'s like he\'s enjoying it..haha
pinkiee
Level 1
Level 1

oh yes he so looks happy while hes hugging the rocks!!!.... im glad my turtle isnt the only one who does it!.... yay hes normal!!
  • Information