Re: Turtle Tricks?

Discussions about turtles.

My turtle won\'t eat anything I give him
is that normal for the first time in a different inviorment or is it wierd?
sbgol80
Level 2
Level 2

I think it\'s normal. When I first got mine, they didn\'t eat for 3 to 4 days. Even after I had them a while and then moved them to a bigger tank, it took a little bit of time for them to eat again.
preciousbabihien
Level 2
Level 2

My baby RES didn\'t eat for a couple of days when I got them. I started getting worried. I got them a bigger tank(to exercise and swim in) I changed their food to dried shrimp. They ate it!! I was soooo happy. People told me to give them crickets but EWWW I just didn\'t want to touch them. My baby turtles are doing fine. goodluck
xoxo
Hien
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, it\'s true when you place a turtle into a new enviroment, the turtle has to get used to it\'s new home. So, until then th eturtle won\'t eat. Don\'t worry, eventually tyour turtle will get used to his or her new home. The longest that anyone of my turtles didn\'t eat for was 1 1/2 weeks. Try feeding the turtle live things. Start out with meal/earth worms. Feeder guppies, and crickets. With that and along with warmer water, (77-80 degrees F) your turtle\'s appitite can be larger. Good Luck!
Willie
  • Information