dead turtles

Discussions about turtles.
roccopeterbilt

I understand people reading this have turtles as pets and as a result may not like my request, but I am looking for a turtle shell, apporx 10-11 inches long, 9 inches wide and about 4 inches deep. I prefer bold colorings and patterns and am curious as to which species might get to this size. Also, if anyone has befallen the unfortunate fate of their pets death and would have such a shell, I would be interested in purchasing it from them.
rahul
Level 2
Level 2

hi,

I am sure you will make sure that the turtle shell you get is \"at least\" not that of a rare or endangered turtle (and definitely not off a live one)... demand for dead animal products encourages poaching (but then so does demand for keeping them as pets difference being in one case they are killed and the other they have a chance of living)...

Guess it is very important to see one buys captive bred animals or at least those which are not endangered/rare... but shoping for a turtle shell will definitely mean the death of a turtle which might have a chance if it finds a responsible keeper...
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

wat do u want it for?please tell me u dont want a live turtle.mine just died..dale:(and if any1 asked my for her shell i would freak out its gross and disrespectful to a loyal turtle and friend.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

omg my friend sue brought this post to my attention and as a turtle lover and a vegetarian i must say that that is the most freaky and gross thing i have ever heard please dont ever ask for something so morbit like that ever ever again!
chris jones
Level 2
Level 2

you think we may not like your request. we hate it!!! it is disgusting and mean. what is wrong with you? or should i ask what is right with you? i dont even want to know what would you do with it anyway.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

i feel the same way chris they should ban this guy from the site!
  • Information