I need some information about 2 turtles I found

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
bugzy74

Hey everyone! I live in northern New Mexico, Raton to be exact. Yesterday I was playing with a little boy exploring a small mostly dried up pond by my house and while digging in the mud we found two turtles they are about the size of a fifty cent piece mostly just dark no color to them. I would like to know if anyone knows what type they might be and any information about what they eat and how they live so I could keep them. It is really dry here and I don\'t really want them to die.
Thanks alot! Angie
deesygirl

Hi Angie,
You can find care sheets at the top of this page to help you get started with a setup for them. Sometimes turtles take a while before they will eat for you. Some take a few days, some a few weeks. Try meats like cooked chicken, worms shrimp (dried), even crickets.

As for what type they are I have no clue. You can check the turtle species button for pictures of some different types.

Good luck and welcome to the board,

Christy
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

hey! As for wat 2 feed your new turtles u can try shrimp,earthworms, and cooked chicken(make sure itz cooked cause of salmonnila). As for what kind they are they mite be a gopher tortise or a mud turtle...it mite be a gopher tortise that\'s my best guess but you should bring it to a pet store just to make sure. good luck!:)
  • Information