Scared RES

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Emmiez
Level 2
Level 2

my baby RES always squirms and scratches my fingers when i try to pick it up (for water changes and feeding)..what should i do? and she turned over by herself and now is scared and always stays in her shell except for coming up for a breath. she isnt active and doesnt eat.. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Jude
Level 2
Level 2

How warm is the water in your tank?
try raising the temperature a bit..that should make them more active, did you just get the turtle? Has it been experiencing enviromental changes?..changes in the enviroment can cause a turtle to get frightened?..do u have a light with UVA rays?..UVA rays stimuales natural behaviour.
Emmiez
Level 2
Level 2

the lighting and water is fine but she wont let me pick her up cause shes pushes away my fingers or she scratches and squirms. i dont think she likes me because she doesnt eat when i feed her (she eats when im sleeping)
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

She probibly just needs to get used to you. Handle her a lot. Make sure she sees you when you feed her. Eventually she\'ll relize that you mean she\'ll get food and she\'ll get used to you always being aroung you. Good Luck
Willie
  • Information