willie

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

hey i read the post u wrote sayin that food sticks are an unhealty diet !? are you foreal
?????????i have ReptoMin it says i can feed it that 2-3 times a day how is it unhealthy?
last night went to pet store and i was plannin on buying some feeder fish for my RES but they were bigger than my turtle lol my turtle is 1in long 1/2 in wide
i know other people read this so what do you all think about this subject?

thanx inm advance

X mashayla - Layla
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

Willie
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

lol
i was worried i might be makin my turtle sick but i planned on getting some feeder fish or maybey some crickets lol ddo you have any other suggestions lol
my RES is 6 months old and refuses to get near vegetables kinda like babies lol
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

You should buy a vitamin suppliment powder to sprinkle on your turtles food before you feed the food to them. Reptomin makes the supplement, and it\'s fairly cheep. Hope this helps.
Willie
Hammer's Ark
Level 1
Level 1

When mine were that tiny they LOVED those frozen bloodworms(which are very small), but I also found that the Reptomin BABY is softer & easier for them to eat than the adult pellets.

I found that the feeder guppies were WAY to big for them too! So, what did I do?!?!?.....

I got a BREEDING pair of guppies and when they had a fry, within a few days(maybe a week) they were ready to be fed to the babies but big enough to give them a challenge!!!

So the guppies really ARE just a treat(since they only have a fry for me every 1 1/2 to 2 months. But the babies LOVE swimming after them and now that they\'re almost 3\" each they gobble up the whole fry within a few minutes(usually 50 or so about 1/4\" long)! When they were smaller it took them a day or two to clean them all up!

I keep my breeders in a 1 1/2 Gallon tank next to the turtle tank(Mom thinks it\'s cruel to let them watch their babies being eaten so I may have to move them to keep the peace!) and I transfer the fry when they\'re big enough not to go through the baby net.

Right now I have a stragler that just WON\'T be caught! He\'s been in there almost 2 weeks now.

I think I\'ll call him, \"Bob\".....
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

haha i was planning on feedin the babies to my turtle too lol
  • Information