found turtle

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
graymo21

Hi. I found a baby turtle today that has a puncture wound in his shell. I think it\'s either a slider or a cooter. I am having trouble deciding between the two. He was belly up when I found him in the water today. I turned him over and let him go, but he was haing trouble swimming. I was afraid he might drown, so I retrieved him out of the water. I have him in some pond water with soem rocks right now, and he seems to be doign better. I just know he would bea snack for a critter if I had left him there. I read your first aid page, so I am going to put an antibiotic on him. The whole is small but rather deep. Any suggestions would be helpful concerning care and distinguishing his species.
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

Can you give us some discription of what he looks like, how big he is, ext. Thanks!
Willie

You maybe should have left it there then, its the circle of life, a wild caught turtle thats injured will probably die in your hands anyway.
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

i disagree it could liveit has a good chance if hes putting medicine and taking care of it
ive heard of worse turtle wounds & the turtles lived
  • Information