SCARED OR JUST NOT INTERESTED???

Discussions about turtles.

Hi everyone my about 6 month baby RES was given to me by a neighbor when he was bout 2 or 3 months old id guess but ive tried floating pellets and he wont eat them hes in a 21 gallon tank its filled w/ bout 4 1/2 inches of water w/ a nice basking area and light and filter plenty of places to get out of the water if he wants also i took all the little rocks out of there and put in some pretty big smooth flat rocks inhe seems happy but y wont he eat could he just not trust me yeti think he eats sometimes cuz of what willie suggested dropping the food in the big plastic bowl i use when im cleanin and tryin to feed him in and leavin where he cant see meit seems to work some time does it sound like im missing anything? my babys name is KAI \'ANELA its hawaiian for sea angel
thanx in advance plzz n/e suggestions r welcome this is the 1st time ive had a turtle im 15 1/2 lol used to dogs, tropical birds ,and other animal turtles r a 1st for me
Amez
Level 2
Level 2

Ur turt is probally just not eating beacuse it needs to adjust to its inviroment, this might take up to a week for it to get adjusted. Until then, jsut leave some food in the tnak and levae KAI \'ANELA anlone.
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

lol thanx amezxz but it ll prolly take longer than that i wasa stupid and in the last week ive changed his surroundings at least 6 times s/he started in a 10 gallon tank with a very small spot to swim cuz i didnt know s/he was an RES so now s/he is in a 21 gallon tank/tub w/ bout 4 to 5 inches of water and a basking spot and places for him to ge out if he wants but
i have the tank in my room up against the wall so he cant really see me walkin around and stuff so i just drop food in and leave i figure give him some time to adjust then i can start workin tryna get him to trust me.

--------------------------
proud owner of 6 month baby res kai \'anela
X Layla
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

Also, along with the enviroment factor, you\'ll probibly want to put some small fish in there too, for your turtle to chase after, and catch, or some meal worms, earth worms, crickets, krill, ext. live food. Good Luck!
Willie
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

lol
willie i put 4 or 5 and the6y all dissapeared lol they were not cheap either
so ill prolly get some guppies or some small cheap fish
lol
  • Information