What kind of turtle do I have?

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.

My boyfriend caught a turtle for me that was by his pool about a week ago and I don\'t know what kind it is. He doesn\'t have any markings on his belly, but I don\'t know if that is just because he is a baby. I live in central Florida and I have pictures of him. You can see them here:
http://pak02.pictures.aol.com/NASApp/yg ... FromEmails

If anyone knows what kind it is, please let me know. I have a red-eared slider already and if you know what kind it is, do you know if I would be able to keep them in the same environment?
deesygirl

It is hard to tell from your pics. However it looks like a plain Slider to me.

Anyone else???

There are like 5 pictures, they get clearer as they go along. I don\'t know if you saw them or not, but thanks for your help anyway. :) Do you think that turtle would be able to get along with my red-eared slider, who is about a year old? And how can you tell if my new turtle is a male or female?
deesygirl

Personaly I would keep them seperate for a while. First of all you want to keep an eye on the new one to make sure it is not ill. Secondly some people have trouble keeping turtles of different sizes to together. I would let the baby get bigger first. As for sexing you have to wait until it is older.
  • Information