what should my water temp be?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
resowner

Hi im buying a res and i\'m wondering how warm the water temp. should be.

Please reply and thanks
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

HEY THIS WAS IN THE CARE SHEETS IF IT DONT HELP THAN YOU CAN GO TO WERE I GOT IT AND READ THE WHOLE PAGE.
X Mashayla - Layla

They are going to need a place to \"bask in the sun/ lay on the beach.\" A place where your turtle can get completely out of the water to help prevent against any fungal infections. You should place a calcium block in the water to help prevent their shells from softening. The temperature should be maintained between 72 degrees and 85 degrees. To do that, you will need an aquarium heater. Another source of heat that I use in conjunction with the heater is an overhead light that I put over the basking (beach) area. Make sure that you don\'t set the light too close because, depending on what you use for the basking area (maybe a rock), you don\'t want it to get too hot to burn your poor turtle. You also don\'t want your turtle to be able to reach up and burn itself either.
Amez
Level 2
Level 2

The water needs to be 72-80 degrees, and the basking spot needs to be around 90. good luck
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

hi.the temperature should be about 80 degrees. gooooood luck:D
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, 72 degrees is too cold. 76-80 degrees (upper end of the range for hatchlings) is better).
Herbertluver
Level 2
Level 2

Hi there based on my experiences the best temperature is between 78-84 degrees especially with hatchlings. During the winter my RES caught a cold cause his water dropped to 70.
  • Information