Is my turtle pregnant

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
evanesence_chic
Level 1
Level 1

I think my turtle\'s pregnant. she digs and digs the rocks in her tank. I got the two turtles from my teacher for the summer and it looked like they were always mating. I am not sure but she acts like she needs someplace to bury something.
evanesence_chic
Level 1
Level 1

And yes i have a male and a female in the tank. the female\'s shell is 15cm long but the male is quite tiny. i do not know their ages. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Amez
Level 2
Level 2

ur turt could be pregant. make a place where she can bury her eggs. good luck
ShellyLynn
Level 1
Level 1

A good way i found to tell if my females are pregnant is if i can feel eggs in the little pouch near the back legs. When you hold the turtle head away from you sick your fingers in the space between thier shell and the back legs as far in to the shell area as you can get. If you feel harden lumps then they are about 1-2 weeks away from laying thier eggs. This method is not fool proof but it really helped me to determine which females needed to be seperated out to lay thier eggs and all of then that I felt the lumps on layed eggs.
steppy104
Level 2
Level 2

ShellyLynn wrote:
A good way i found to tell if my females are pregnant is if i can feel eggs in the little pouch near the back legs. When you hold the turtle head away from you sick your fingers in the space between thier shell and the back legs as far in to the shell area as you can get. If you feel harden lumps then they are about 1-2 weeks away from laying thier eggs. This method is not fool proof but it really helped me to determine which females needed to be seperated out to lay thier eggs and all of then that I felt the lumps on layed eggs.

my turtle has the lumps.....duz that absolutely mean she\'s pregnant? i jus got her...she was walking around in a parking lot! where i live it\'s really busy with cars n stuff....so i took her home and put her with my other turtle...then i noticed the lumps. wut do i do if she\'s pregnant?? i can\'t jus take the cage away from my other turtle and fill it with sand for her...unless i keep my painted turtle in a bucket for the time being....wut do i do??
m1key72988
Level 3
Level 3

well u could probably try a rubbermaid there really cheap and make good alternatives to tanks.
  • Information