Kinds of fish and water for turtles

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
maragon

I am a new proud owner of two baby red ear slider turtles. When I got the turtles the lady told me I had to use distilled or bottled drinking water only in the tank or my turtle would go blind. I have been doing some research on these turtles and have found no supporting info on this. Can any body help? I would also like to know if it is ok to put these turtles in a tank with aggressive fish or if the fish will kill them. Thanks for any help
Amez
Level 2
Level 2

U can use normal tap water, but it is safer to let the water sit for about a day so all the chlorine is out of the water. I dont think u should put ur turts wit aggressive fish. Good luck
misskitty
Level 1
Level 1

Anything I\'ve read about turtles says that it\'s ok to use regular tap water though you should use a \"conditioner\" to cut the chlorine. Any pet store I\'ve been to that has a reptile section has all the necessary turtle supplies as well.
maragon

Amez wrote:
U can use normal tap water, but it is safer to let the water sit for about a day so all the chlorine is out of the water. I dont think u should put ur turts wit aggressive fish. Good luck
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

They water either had to be bottled which can get expensive and hard with a tank and cleanings. or you can just buy a little bottle a a pet store, a stress coat. I highly recemend a stress coat made for fish and turtles. and the fish...well koi fish wont bother n e turtle but the turtle may bite at it wen hungry. and guppies and other small fish are always good feeder fish. be sides fighter fish and fish bigger than maybe 8\" the turtle should be fine. but ask your pet store.
  • Information