Cuddling turtles

Discussions about turtles.
Lotus_Flower

My turtles love to cuddle!! I purchased Yin and Yang(RES)in Chinatown when they were very tiny about 3 1/2 months ago. We have made a great home for them with all of their required things for a comfortable home plus some. I have to tell you, they are great turtles. They are always hungry and love to eat everything! I\'ve found that along with their pellets and brine shrimp they also really like the soft inside of tomatoes, bbut they go crazy for mealworms!
My turtles have their own personalities. Yin is an explorer and Yang likes to relax and hang out. When they devise plans of escape, it\'s usually Yang who is destracting me while Yin makes a run for a new adventure. Anyway, we have always played with our turtles and tried to let them get used to us and being held. Everyday they are out climbing around and exploring new lands but sometimes they also just like to cuddle. It started when my boyfriend and I were watching T.V. and the turtles were out and crawling around. Yang started by digging herself in under my leg and slept there for awhile. Now we have our cuddling time where we will all lay down and watch T.V. together with the babies under Dad\'s armpit. They seem to really enjoy it and will come out and wonder around when they no longer want to cuddle. :)
deesygirl

Sounds as though they trust you and enjoy your company. However I would caution on letting them have the run of the place. Turtles can carry salmonellosis.
Salmonellais a digestive tract disease and at one time so many children had contracted this disease from there turtles that some had even died from it. You can prevent infection by washing very well with soap and water. However if you let your turtles crawl around on the floor you could possibly contaminate your home and not be aware of it.
  • Information