help please

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
fullhouse

hi,
as it says i am new here but i have had a few turtles in my life.until now only one at a time.i now have a red ear slider and a box turtle of some kind which is new to me.i noticed a few days ago what looked like empty shells in there water.i took them out to look at them and again this morning i found another what appears to be an egg.this one is not opened at all.i took it out but what do i do next.i am unsure about how to handle this,please help someone.i would love to do the right thing.
Amez
Level 2
Level 2

Do not turn the turtle eggs! I dont think that they are urm wuhz the word, have real babies in them that are growing cuz I dont think red ear sliders and box turtles would mate. But just in case, put the egg in a box of fine sand or dirt. Make shure the temperature is around 75-80. Also mist the eggs every day or so. If it does indeed have a baby inside, it should hatch in a month or so?
fullhouse

Amez wrote:
Do not turn the turtle eggs! I dont think that they are urm wuhz the word, have real babies in them that are growing cuz I dont think red ear sliders and box turtles would mate. But just in case, put the egg in a box of fine sand or dirt. Make shure the temperature is around 75-80. Also mist the eggs every day or so. If it does indeed have a baby inside, it should hatch in a month or so?
thank you very much for your help,i did what you said and it is in a bowl,i didn\'t have any boxes but i hope the bown is good enough.i also heard from someone to put it in moist soil.is this ok too?still just want to do the best i can thanks again.
  • Information