Going away for a week...

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Queens78322
Level 1
Level 1

I\'m going away for about a week. I can\'t get anyone(believe it or not) to feed my RES. If I feed him A LOT the day before I leave and do the same the day I come back, will he be okay?
Another reason I am very worried is because of his shell. His shell is changing. Where his \"plates\" come together on his shell, it is very white. It used to just be the color of the rest of his shell. Is this an early sign of shell rot or something?
Thanks
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Is your turtle a hatchling? Hatchlings should be fed daily. There are automatic feeders for fish that people have used for turtles. Maybe you`d want to check into getting one. If your turtle is an adult, he doesn`t need to eat every day. You could put some aquarium plants and feeder fish in the tank so he`d have something to munch on while you`re gone. You could put some cuttlebone in as well for added calcium.
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

a turtle can live for a week with out food. you should put a feeder fish in the tank so maybe it will play with it at eat off it too. its not necessarie but the RES will love it. goooooood luck:D
  • Information