New owner of 4 Eastern Painted Turtles

Post any questions you have about a turtle outdoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your outdoor setup picture we would love to see it.
itsmenick
Level 1
Level 1

I just got them from a Florida turtle farm and they were shipped to Oregon where I live today. I just put them in my backyard pond today where they are enclosed in by a rock wall, but they have a couple rocks and log so they can bask in the summer sun. I also have a good amount of flouting plants and lilly pads that they like to eat off of and hide in. Also, I just bought a scare crow water sprinkler that I set, and when anything moves around the pond, it starts spraying so no more Blue Harons come and eat anymore of my Koy or my new babies. I just wanted to ask you guys if there is anything else you think I should do in my pond for them. It seems like they like it, but I want it to be perfect. So far they have been eating some blueberries that I put in. Thanks guys!
Amez
Level 2
Level 2

Thats great, a 5000 gallon pond! Wow
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

I think they would be fine.do you have a filter? probably with that much water.i think the turtles are very lucky to have that much home. goooooood luck:D
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

wow it sounds fun!! I wish i was a turtle it sounds awesome by the way what is oregon like??
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

i have for eatern painted 2
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

would sumone answer my ques. bout the painters
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

wat question?
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

oh that was an OLLLLLLD ques about buying one luckily i\'ve been blessed with my beuatiful painter spree!!
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

its so cute. spree here painter met peewee my painter and wen we took them apart the got depressed.
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

Wow if i were your turtles i would be very happy with my 5000 gallon pond as a home.
I want to build a pond for my turtle eventually. I might be getting tips off of you in the future. by the way that was a great idea you had putting in a sprinkler to get rid of unwanted guests. I would have never thought about it:)
Bbasso
Level 3
Level 3

You have to get some pics posted of that huge pond, please?
  • Information