? about Baby Red Ear turtles

Discussions about turtles.
itsmenick
Level 1
Level 1

I want to buy a couple of these online {$5.00 each plus 15.00 s/h}. Is that a good deal? And would they live in my pond in Oregon, or would it be better in a tank? Hope to get some help, thanks guys!
Amez
Level 2
Level 2

I don\'t know if it is a good deal or not, considering I got mine for free. It probally would be better to have them live in your tank for awhile nefore you put them in your tank, you know, to get used to the temp and stuffs. When you get them, post some pics :) Good lucks
rahul
Level 2
Level 2

Its illegal to sell baby turtles ....unless they are for exhibition,display or educational purposes.(Its not illegal to buy hatclings though)

I live in kentucky and the loca petsmart sells turtles...they have about 4 inch turtles for about 25 dollars..once i saw a massive (at least 10 inch) turtle for that price.

So i fyou want a bigger turtle and have the space for it you can get it for the same price (provided it doesnt need to be shipped).Search around in stores and on the net for bigger turtles at the same or comparable price before you make the decision.

I personally think they are cuter when hatchlings as most babies are....(and much more active).

Rahul
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

I don`t think babies should go right into a pond. Better to wait until they`re about 4 inches.
itsmenick
Level 1
Level 1

I decided to get 4 Eastern Painted turtles instead, and they look like they are doing great, thanks for the help!
  • Information