Slowing down

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
darwing
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

okay up till 4 days ago my turtle was very active, always basking always swimming around. As of late he just sits in his cave (in the water) all day. comes up for air everyonce in a while but I haven\'t seen him bask in like 4 days... We havn\'t changed anything basking area is the same and we even cleaned out the tank thinking that he was getting sick of the water.. anyways please tell me what I can do to perk him up a little.

thanks
Willie
Level 3
Level 3

What is the temp of your water? Have it be 74-76 degrees, maybe that\'ll help. What is the temp of your basking area? Warm it up to about 84-88 degrees. That will probably encourage him to bask more, eat more and swim more. Hope this helps!!
Willie
~~~LAYLA~~~
Level 3
Level 3

willie is probably right my turtle did what it sounds like yours is doing and i fixed the temp of the water and now its a very active baby
oscer
Level 1
Level 1

my turt is doing the same this and i fixed the temp and everything and he just sits their under water and what i give him some food he eats and thn gose back to the same spot.
deesygirl

oscer, How long have you had your turtle? Is it possible he is still afraid of you? Sometimes it can take a while for them to start trusting you. If your tank has all the proper temp ranges and lights you should be allright. Let us know how things are going.
  • Information